We are auctioning one of our 'Ancestors' coffee tables - a collaboration piece with award-winning Indigenous artist, Sarrita King, to support the Australian Red Cross, WWF and CFA in their efforts battling against all the odds in the ongoing Australian Bushfire crisis.
This limited-edition piece examines the crossover links between indigenous dreaming and the astrological understanding and mapping of the stars through translating Sarrita's dot artwork into a brass 'dot' inlay into the recycled Red Ironbark timber.
The piece retails for AU$3495 and won a Gold Medal at the Melbourne Design Awards.
Find out more about the Ancestors piece here.
HOW TO REGISTER A BID:
Submit your silent bid (along with your Name, email address and phone number) in even AU$10 increments via :
1. Direct Message via our Instagram, Facebook pages (@sawdustbureau).
3. SMS your bid to +61432886513
Auction will end at 8pm AEST on Monday 13th January 2020. The high bid at the end of each day will be displayed on our Instagram stories.
***Full terms, conditions and important freight information available here:
SAWDUST BUREAU BUSHFIRE RELIEF FUNDRAISER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. By lodging a bid on this Sarrita King / Sawdust Bureau ‘Ancestors’ collaboration piece each bidder automatically agrees to the auction rules stated below.
2. The sale is final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. By placing a bid you are entering into an agreement to purchase the item at the submitted price. All items are “as is.”
3. This is a silent action. All bids to be lodged privately via direct message on social media, SMS message or via email.
4. All bidders must supply their Name, Phone number, email address. Please note these will remain confidential and we will give the successful winner of the auction the choice of whether they remain anonymous.
5. Bids to be lodged in Australian Dollars in even $10 increments. I.e. Any bids submitted which are not in $10 increments will be rounded up or down to the nearest $10.
6. Auction will finish at 8pm AEST on Monday 13th January 2020
7. Each day the leading auction bid amount will be posted as an Instagram story via http://instagram.com/sawdustbureau
8. Payment must be made in full by 5pm Friday 24th January 2020 via direct debit bank transfer to Sawdust Bureau.
9. The total sale price will be split into equal thirds and donated to CFA, Red Cross and WWF Australia. If the winning bidder would prefer to donate to another bushfire related not-for-profit please advise us upon completion of the auction.
10. Sawdust Bureau will ensure the piece is ready for collection or delivery within 7 days of receiving full payment.
11. In the event of a tied auction, the earlier submitted bid will take precedence.
IMPORTANT DELIVERY / FREIGHT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Item includes free delivery within Melbourne metro or can be collected directly from Sawdust Bureau’s workshop in Maribyrnong, Melbourne.
For greater Melbourne, regional Victoria, interstate and international bidders please note that this is an extremely heavy piece of furniture and the winner will be liable for full freight costs. For interstate delivery this will be in the hundreds of dollars, for international deliveries, depending on your location it could be thousands. So please make sure you are aware of this prior to launching a bid. I will pack and crate the piece for free.